New lease of life on the forums

Up and coming events, news and urgent updates.

New lease of life on the forums

Postby LVNLO » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:22 pm

This is just a note to let you all know that we are looking to make a few changes to the forum over the next few months. I'm new to this and learning as I go so there is bound to be some teething issues. I ask if the forum isn't working great for you or your having problems please be patient, letting me know this issues and problems will also be appreciated.

I will be looking to updating the forums, working on getting more ppl visiting the forum, via promotion, looking into some competitions and just general bad assery build ups that everyone will want to read.

Another avenue I will be looking down is image hosting within the forum (no third party photo hosts) and also maybe an app of some description in the future.

If you have any question, suggestions or feedback please don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be doing my best to get the forum back to its former glory.

Cheers

Mike
LVNLO

Re: New lease of life on the forums

Postby BODIED » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:20 pm

Nice It has been good the last couple months people have got back into using it. An update to make things easier is going to make a huge difference as people just give up on it.

I personally think adding it on tapatalk would make a big difference in traffic as not everyone uses computers anymore.
Not sure how much work that is tho.

good job stepping up and giving it a crack any improvement will make a big difference.
BODIED

Postby Brimmy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Wooo! Good stuff :)
Brimmy

Postby lowNslow » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Winning. Looking forward to hopefully seeing more content on here
93 hilux build - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9
lowNslow
MTNZ Management/South Island Rep

Postby hood » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Thank you Mike for your efforts and contribution to bringing the forum back to life! Lets hope it pays off
hood
MTNZ Management/B.O.P Rep

Postby laidlw » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:56 pm

i beleave it will pay off there is so much great content and knolage on here. just need to get it out to the people sadly will have to use facebook for that.or get some minitruckin.co.nz stickers made up for the utes to get the website out there switchn was saying you get alot of spam hope that can be sorted somehow and have the sign up option avaliable all the time. I tell people about the website and drop flyers off on utes and i get people hiting me up saying they tryed signing up but cant see how
laid lw
laidlw
South Island Rep

Postby LVNLO » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:52 pm

I've only just taken it on, problem is where i live at the moment has no internet so will be a little while before i can jump into having a sort out, am hoping to get it back to its former glory as stated,

and on the spam issue, I'm currently receiving about 40 emails about about new accounts, at some points i can get 40 within an hour or two. thats why the measures have been put in place but ill see what i can do to fix this.
LVNLO

Postby laidlw » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:23 pm

yea all good mate you can only do your best im not a comp wizz so no idea how etc was only a surgestion
laid lw
laidlw
South Island Rep

Postby PROJECTZ3R0 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:33 pm

You Sir are a top man!!!

Getting rid of the spam and making photo uploading easier is probably the hardest task but also the thing that will make this place gain the usage it once had.

I'm no website expert but if there is anything we as a trucking community can do to help shout out.

Most users ever online was 71 on Mon May 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Lets smash ^this^ and make it say 2016!
PROJECTZ3R0

Postby SACKTCIVIC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:34 am

Nice Mike good to see someone trying to get the forum up to date well done..
If you need any help let me know im happy to help out.
SACKTCIVIC

Return to News and Site Announcments