Got cert questions?

Cert questions, WOF questions and Law related issues

Re: Got cert questions?

Postby Ben » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:05 am

Yea going through steve are you? I might have to go accuair but ive already got all my 1/2" valves etc and 3/8" seems slow. Did you get the whole e-level package or just the valve block and yea it would save a lot of head scratching...
Ben

Postby matt » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:45 am

Ben,
Craig messaged me about this. I told him QUOTE FOR QUOTE, EXACTLY what the Hobby car manual says. He looked it up himself while we were talking. I even rung Clint Field, A mate of mine, and a certifier up here. He confirmed what I read in the manual, and said all you can really do is challenge him with a print out of what the hobby car manual says, OR find another certifier.
If he not going to cert it even though you have down what you need to do, then find someone else. You would have to go with an E Level kit or similar to do what he wants.

This was weeks ago. You could have driven to Chch by now and used a certifier whos actually knows what hes talking about...

We have a hobby car manual for a reason. Its so we can know exactly what we need to do when modifying our vehicles. What is the point in having the book, when cert guys make up their own rules?
matt

Postby Ben » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Hey matt, yea I was out there yesterday and I had the hobby car manual with me and he still seems set on the fact that anyone has to be able to get in and drive it so therefore it has to go to ride height.

My utes still stripped down to a chassis at the moment I was just asking about this whilst I ran a couple of other things past him. Thanks
Ben

Postby BODIED » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:46 pm

The only reason he is dead set on having it auto lift on start is that if their is an accident or someone hasto move your truck for any reason they can which is pretty stupid but im glad ive got accuair its so tidy and easy.

Ben ive just got the accuair brain and sensors with other brand valves you can use your 1/2" valves with accuair so if you do buy it you wont have to buy the valve block.
BODIED

Postby Ben » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Ok that's good to know. Are you running 1/2" with the e level then?
Also are you using steve Rhodes for cert?
Ben

Postby BODIED » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Im running 3/8 valves but they are mounted real close to the baggs so they are plenty fast enough. yup still with rhodes. how far into yours are you?
BODIED

Postby Ben » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Yea still ticking through it, ill pm you some pics...
Ben

Postby jimbothepunk » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:33 am

Hi guys just building a rear cantilever and just wondering if I can put the shocks of the canti so I get the same/similar travel as my bags

Cheers lucas
jimbothepunk

Postby BODIED » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:58 pm

check with your certifier shreks rodeo he had them on lower link bar but was not aloud. but ive seen plenty of others mounted like that. it is alot easier specialy with how much lift youl get
BODIED

Postby jimbothepunk » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:23 pm

yeah that's what I was thinking

cheers
lucas
jimbothepunk

Postby 1999lo_lux » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:36 pm

hey guys,

looks like im going to be pulling most of my ute apart to repair it..

been looking on toyotaminis and alot of the guys do the ball jointflip..

is it legal to do over here?
1999lo_lux

Postby burtonnz » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:12 am

Don't do it, the guys in the states that do it have smooth roads to drive on. With a ball joint flip you will basically have the whole front end weight carried on a couple of nuts, It's not worth the risk.
burtonnz

Previous

Return to Legal Issues